My client is a leading independent accountancy firm that is going through an exciting phase of growth. As such they are now looking to recruit a permanent Accounts Senior to join their team based in Hexham.
In this role, you will be providing management accounts and general accounting services to a portfolio of clients both locally in the North East and nationally.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ledger work, processing, bookkeeping
- Processing VAT returns and preparing accounts for various businesses, including partnerships, sole traders and limited companies, together with the associated tax computations
- Liaising directly with clients to resolve routine queries and prepare accounts and draft tax computations ready for client interview by the Partner
- Managing your own workload, complete the work within the budgeted time and to the required deadlines
- Some of the work undertaken in this role will take place on client's premises so some travel will be required
- Should be a minimum of AAT (or equivalent)
- Practical hands on accounting experience, including the preparation of management accounts, variance analysis and commentary
- A working knowledge of using computerised accounting packages is essential. Previous use of Xero is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Organised and methodical with strong numerical abilities
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own initiative
For the right candidate my client is offering the following:
- Competitive and negotiable base salary depending on experience
- Opportunity to join a leading, reputable market leading firm
- Genuine career progression
- Loads of other company benefits that will be discussed with you at interview stage
This is an exciting opportunity to join a professional firm at an exciting time. To be considered send your CV to me as soon as possible as my client are shortlisting for interviews now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job