McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Qualified Accounts Senior/Client Accountant for their Berkshire offices near to Wokingham. Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients (up to £50m turnover) and a small team of junior staff, key deliverables for the position include:
- Carrying out Accounts & Financial statements preparation, and management accounting
- Producing accurate year-end account files for review by the Business Services Manager/Director
- Providing general assistance to the rest of the business services team
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for clients
- Planning of Accounts assignments, taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Setting objectives for junior staff and supervising on-site including reviewing work and coaching on the job
- Dealing with companies in a range of sectors including IT/Hi-Tech, Consumer Services, Manufacturing, Logistics, Legal Services etc including planning and finalisation of jobs.
- Preparation of company accounts, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Finance Director Level
- Ensuring all work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's standards
- Submitting accounts to Companies House within deadlines
- Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective clients
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with extensive practice experience in Accounts Preparation, some staff management skills would be preferred, and a car driver with access to your own car. On offer is a salary up to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts
- Vat Returns
- Client Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job