Their diverse expertise means they can support any company who wishes to outsource their finance, accounting, payroll, tax, HR and administrative functions.
Since 2014 the client has achieved double digit growth with headcount increasing to over 100. The company culture is to actively encourage development, both from an academic and personal level with a view to promoting staff internally. Over the past two years they have promoted over 30% of our accounting staff!
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients where you will take ownership of deliverables including the completion of monthly client management accounts and supervising junior staff in respect of the following duties:
• You will oversee the year end process including the drafting of financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS and liaising with clients and auditors in connection with the signing of the financial statements in line with designated deadlines
• Posting of primary accounting entries, payroll journals & nominal journals, preparation of supplier invoice payment runs; fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedules; preparing VAT returns and VAT working papers and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates and provide technical accounting guidance and ad hoc project support where required
• You will liaise with other departments within the firm, such as payroll, tax, company secretarial, to coordinate the delivery of other services provided by the firm and spot opportunities for further business development by establishing good client relationships
• You will also assist the Team Leader with the billing process and management of the firm’s debts, and aiding the management, development and training of part qualified and junior staff
• You will consistently produce high quality work, with a getting it right first-time approach, by producing all reports to a high standard of accuracy, taking ownership for regular communication with clients to enable proper completion of tasks, resolution of issues with the ultimate goal of enhancing the client relationship
• You will take responsibility for timely response to client queries and coordinating a response with team members when necessary
• You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a strong understanding of accounting and related areas
• A high level of technical knowledge and ability to apply it in practical situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication, to allow effective communication with colleagues at all levels with the ability to communicate own ideas/thoughts to other members of the team/manager and the client
• Self-motivated and able to work as a team member, using own initiative and referring when necessary; including prioritising workloads within allocated time-frames, making decisions where appropriate and ensuring all procedures are followed
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to identify and suggest procedural improvements
• Work together as a team, participate in open communication and contribute in meetings, supporting colleagues with a ‘can do‘ positive attitude and approach
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'