Our client a small accountancy firm based on the Wirral, the firm has built an extremely strong, respected and powerful presence. The firm continues to grow year on year and endeavour to find determined, talented and resourceful employees. There is a specific career path to becoming Partner. They require an ambitious individual.
The role of Senior accountant requires the candidate to work on their own small portfolio of clients whilst also working with an appointed portfolio manager assisting with but not limited to; VAT returns, preparation of Statutory accounts, Client Ad-hoc queries and dealing with HMRC.
Ideally the candidate will have recently completed their ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification or to have completed AAT with several years' experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and look after a small portfolio of clients
• Assist a portfolio manager
- Supervise junior members of staff
• Develop and maintain effective client relationships, including attending client premises as required
• Prepare financial statements and year end accounts for sole traders partnerships, and limited companies
• Organise your flow of work, allocating assignments and managing your time as necessary taking into consideration your client deadlines and other constraints
• Ensure that work is delivered within budget and time requirements • Prepare schedules for Tax returns
• Complete VAT returns, Company Accounts and CT600s
• Liaise with third parties as required (HMRC, mortgage brokers, other members of your team, payroll bureau, etc)
• Take part in client meetings as and when required Skills, Qualifications and other Requirements:
• Preferably ACA/ACCA qualified and a good academic record
• IRIS Accounts Production & Business Tax, IRIS Personal Tax, Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
• Ability to work as part of a team, yet also work using own initiative.
• General Practice experience
• Ability to travel to client premises from time to time and between offices
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'