ACCOUNTS SEMI SENIOR
Contract Type: Permanent
Department: Business Team
Hours: Full time (36.25 hours)
Our client is firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn
An opportunity has arisen to join the Business Department at Blackburn which works with a wide range of exciting and interesting clients - principally owner managed businesses. The role would be ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is currently studying towards the AAT, ACA or ACCA qualification. Candidates should have recently spent at least two years working in practice.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Business team providing an excellent service to a wide range of SME’s in
accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To undertake accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and audit exempt limited companies within a portfolio of clients. This work will include income and corporation tax computations.
· To perform book-keeping duties and to prepare VAT Returns.
· To prepare management accounts, cash flow forecasts and projections.
· To undertake such additional or alternative duties when requested and in line with experience, skills and training and to actively support and co-operate with other members of the Business team.
Reporting and performance management:
· Reporting to the Business Managers/Partners.
· Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
· Professional, technical and soft skill training.
You will also want you to be:
· Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and a tax return
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
· Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective
running of the department.
· Ideally have a working knowledge of Cloud Accounting software.
Salary: Dependent on experience £18-32k pa
· 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas
· On site free parking
- Chartered Accountants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job