We are a growing firm of accountants based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire and we seek a part qualified accountant on a full time basis. The company was formed by the two Directors in 2015 and we are looking for a part qualifed (either AAT or part qualifed ACCA/ACA) to join the team. Further details about the company can be found at www.colmerwinchester.com
The main purpose of the job is to provide accountancy support for the Directors.
You will be required to:
- Complete bookkeeping for some clients, recording sales and purchase invoices and reconciling bank accounts. To also include the preparation of prepayment, accruals and depreciation accounting adjustments
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll reports to HM Revenue and Customs
- Prepare accounts and associated working papers for Limited Company/Partnership/Sole trader accounts for the Directors to review
- Prepare and submit VAT returns on behalf of clients
- Prepare and submit Confirmation Statements to Companies House on behalf of clients
- Communicate with clients via email, phone and in person where required
- Complete other practice administration where requested
Due to the current size of the team, there is also the opportunity to get involved with Marketing, and especially social media within the company.
Further training to complete either AAT, ACCA or ACA qualification is offered within this job role after completion of a probation period.
Essential Skills Required:
- AAT part qualified minimum level 2.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Car and driving licence.
- Calm, professional manner
- Good communication skills.
- Ideally some work experience within an accountancy practice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job