Accounts Received Team leader - RB5
Salary: Up to £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Treasury and Working Capital Manager, you’ll lead, manage and develop the Accounts Receivable & Credit Control Team of 4 direct reports to ensure Customer accounts are accurate and invoices are paid in line with agreed payment terms. You’ll be an escalation point for the team managing issues that arise in respect of chasing customer debt., through to providing support to the Financial Control Processing Manager in any ad hoc tasks, project work and team cover.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the Credit Control processes for the Well business, including the Retail, Bestway Medhub and Wardles businesses, to ensure Customer invoices are paid in line with agreed payment terms and company policy, with issues escalated to business owners as appropriate
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and debt packs summarising the aged sales ledger position which can be used by the team and Finance to measure performance and communicated the wider business to take action as necessary and also be included in Finance reporting packs
- Hold monthly debt reviews for all ledgers with key stakeholders from across the business (eg Medhub and Wardles sales teams, Managed Care team, OTC and NHS buyers) to enable accurate invoicing and efficient debt collecting. Also hold weekly/monthly credit limit reviews
- Ensure all cash received from Customers is allocated in line with agreed timelines to ensure Customer accounts are correctly reflected to enable any overdue invoices to be identified and actioned.
- Implement and measure KPI’s to monitor the performance of the team and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop team members as subject matter experts in the AR processes within Open Accounts 6 and 8.
- Ensure all controls and processes are sufficient to meet internal audit requirements. Continually drive improvements in controls and processes and develop them to meet business needs as the business changes. Drive system development to better support the controls and processes around credit control (eg to monitoring of credit limits, credit limit stop, dunning and legal process) to limit the financial risk exposure of the company
- Own the customer direct debit process, be the main contact for the business and external bank relationship in respect of this matter
- Ensure direct reports are cross trained to enable the team to operate flexibly and to remove key man dependencies
- Review the monthly bad debt provision proposed by the team. Review period end reconciliations prepared by the team
- Hold regular 1-2-1s with your team ensuring clear objectives are set and are worked towards and support team members’ personal development plans. Manage any people issues in line with company policy in a timely manner.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Good standard of education required and AAT desirable
- Previous experience of credit control practices
- Self-motivated and tenacious in approach to work
- Thorough understanding of invoice raising and credit control process. Knows what best practice looks like
- Previous team management experience required
- Confident using finance systems (Open Accounts, EBIS)
- Enjoys a challenge and problem solving
Closing Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
- Accounts Receivable
- Customer Accounts
- Sales Ledger
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job