Our client based in the FMCG industry in Richmond has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their friendly team.
The role involves working as part of a small accounts team, ensuring the timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments, associated credit checks, cashbook maintenance and bank reconciliation as well as and looking after all invoicing uploads and reconciliations.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments.
- Ensuring that the target for the debt collection is met.
- Sales ledger: issuing invoices and statements.
- Uploading invoices on to RBS Invoice discounting system.
- Monthly reconciliation of the Invoice discounting system with strict deadlines for completion.
- Resolving customer queries.
- Checking customers’ credit ratings on Atradius and Nexus platforms and informing sales managers.
- Maintaining multi-currency cashbooks (GBP, EUR, USD).
- Recording day to day incoming and outgoing payments and other financial transactions on SAP.
- Multicurrency bank reconciliations.
- Submission of EC sales and intrastat reports (monthly).
- German VAT returns (monthly), which entails collecting and sending sales/purchase invoices to the VAT agent in Germany.
- Processing PAYE payments.
- Actively contributing to team meetings in terms of reporting and seeking ways to make improvements to working methods and efficiencies.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks which are reasonably required by management.
- High level of computer literacy, and solid experience of using ERP systems (SAP is highly desirable), MS Word, Excel and Outlook and accounting software packages.
- Commercial experience of Invoice Discounting is essential.
- Commercial experience of accounts receivable is essential.
- Commercial experience of credit control work is essential.
- Experience of working with multiple currencies would be an advantage (GBP, EUR, USD).
- Previous experience of working in small commercial finance team is essential.
- Must have strong commercial understanding and awareness.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Must have ability to reconcile complex accounts maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Must be a good team player, but also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have good administration and organisational skills.
- Good clear spoken and accurate written English skills.
- Must be a team player, with a “can-do” attitude who is happy to assist colleagues and “pitch-in” to get the job done.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job