Accounts Receivable, Edinburgh
3 month temporary contract
Disclosure Scotland required
£ Rate - to be confirmed
FPSG's client is a Scottish Government Department who require a short term temporary worker to assist with Accounts Receivable and other duties in the Finance Department until end of financial year. (Possibly longer) You will perform a key role, working closely with colleagues in the Finance Team to deliver a robust financial service to their clients. You will be expected to manage and prioritise workloads and be able to engage and collaborate effectively with the team.
As Accounts Receivable assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Preparing bills receivable, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Process monthly fees via sales ledger
- Monitor outstanding debt in conjunction with Credit Controller
- Monitor and action mail and mail box
As a successful accounts receivable assistant, you will have:
- Solid AR experience within a busy finance department.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands on experience in utilising accounting software - ideally Oracle based.
- Current DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND is HIGHLY DESIRABLE as this will be essential to working for this Scottish Government department.
Hourly rate will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Please call Jane Hammond on or apply via the online application attaching your current CV
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
- Accounts Payable Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job