Leading and developing a small team within accounts receivable and credit control you will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Ensure Customer accounts are accurate and invoices are paid in line with agreed payment terms.
- Be an escalation point for the team to manage issues that arise in respect of chasing customer debt.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and debt packs summarising the aged sales ledger position which can be used by the team and Finance to measure performance and communicated the wider business to take action as necessary and also be included in Finance reporting packs.
- Hold monthly debt reviews for all ledgers with key stakeholders from across the business to enable accurate invoicing and efficient debt collecting. Also hold weekly/monthly credit limit reviews
- Implement and measure KPI’s to monitor the performance of the team and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop team members as subject matter experts in the AR processes
- Ensure all controls and processes are sufficient to meet internal audit requirements.
- Continually drive improvements in controls and processes and develop them to meet business needs as the business changes.
- Drive system development to better support the controls and processes around credit control (eg to monitoring of credit limits, credit limit stop, dunning and legal process) to limit the financial risk exposure of the company
- Own the customer direct debit process, be the main contact for the business and external bank relationship in respect of this matter
- Review the monthly bad debt provision proposed by the team. Review period end reconciliations prepared by the team
- Hold regular 1-2-1s with your team ensuring clear objectives are set and are worked towards and also support team members’ personal development plans. Manage any people issues in line with company policy in a timely manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business and is a role not to be missed; this is an urgent requirement therefore please ensure you send your CV as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job