Accounts Receivable Assistant - 12 month contract
Accounts Receivable Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
BMG - The New Music Company
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company - though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label - although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join the Finance team based in our Paddington office. It is a 12 month contract to cover maternity.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for Accounts Receivables and is expected to hit the ground running.
Our Finance & Accounting team helps us manage and control our business. In accounting, the team captures all financial transactions in the books and records of the company under IFRS and statutory accounting rules, and reconciling to royalty ledgers. More broadly, in finance the team provides consolidated, territory and segment financial information for management and statutory reporting, financial forecasting, planning and analysis as well as investment recalculation and valuation testing.
- Raise external and internal invoices/ credit notes on a daily basis
- Key in Sales Orders and post Stock Invoices (Access)
- Manage all AR queries, both internal and external
- Create & distribute aged debt reports as well as chase aged debts and liaise with debt collection agency
- Assist with withholding tax queries
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Ad hoc AR reporting as required
- Previous experience in an accounts receivable role
- Strong understanding of general accounting processes including debits and credits is an absolute must
- SAP experience would be ideal
- Strong Excel skills including v-lookups and pivot tables
- Great attention to detail
- Confident communicator
- Able to prioritise and manage workload in a fast paced environment
- A love of music!
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
How to apply
If you are passionate about music and want to join the world’s fastest growing music company click the 'Apply Now’ button.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.
- Accounts Receivable
- Accurate Data Entry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'