Rapidly growing and dynamic firm in Covent Garden which provides services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within a variety of industry sectors, urgently seeks to appoint Accounts/Payroll Manager to look after clients’ requirements.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Looking after a portfolio of clients and managing client relationships, taking on projects and carrying out or reviewing monthly reporting tasks.
- Preparing and reviewing Mgmt accounts for clients including full forecasting and cashflows.
- Preparing business plans for clients and advising clients where necessary on business practices and directions.
- Acting as technical advisor to the payroll department, answering queries, processing/checking payroll, reviewing the treatment of scenarios and helping to improve automated and manual systems.
- Becoming involved in client issues as they arise. This will involve accounting, payroll and business queries.
- Liaising where required with the bookkeeping department to ensure client management accounts and ad hoc business management reports are delivered to clients on time.
- Supervising special projects such as system transitions, specialist reports etc.
- Where appropriate, development of the bookkeeping and payroll staff.
- Significant experience of managing a portfolio of SME clients for owner managed businesses.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or part qualified with practice experience.
- Substantial Payroll knowledge and experience at technical supervisory level. Experience with auto-enrolment preferable
- A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work instinctively on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client.
- Organizational skills; scheduling and keeping deadlines not only personally but also for the team and client base.
- Problem solving; working instinctively whilst under pressure to complete ad hoc tasks on demand without detriment to other work being carried out.
- Commercial awareness and the desire to understand the businesses within the client portfolio.
- Experience of interacting with a team and maintaining client relationships.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Ideal without being a requirement :
Experience in using Iris, Xero, Sage. Iris Payroll, Sage Payroll. TV Production experience helpful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job