Reports to -Accounts Manager
Main purpose of the Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a bright, enthusiastic and experienced person to join the Accounts Payable section of our Finance Team as a Team Leader, supporting the Accounts Manager.
- Day to day support for a small but busy AP team.
- Maintain a high accuracy level for data entry within the accounting system.
- Check and oversee weekly payment runs.
- Work with AP Administrators to ensure all suppliers are paid within agreed terms.
- Review and recommend any modifications to the existing system, policies or procedures that you feel would benefit the department.
- Review supplier statements received and ensure all accounts are regularly reconciled.
- Ensure all invoices have been authorised correctly and challenge them if they have not.
- Oversee and help the AP Administrators with their day to day work tasks to ensure there is no backlog of work.
- Manage AP queries and payment demands and resolve as a high priority to ensure that any services or supplies are not interrupted.
- Review of aged creditors to ensure ledgers are maintained and allocated correctly.
- Ensure that stringent checks and safeguards are in place to eliminate any potential for fraud or deceit.
- Taking the lead with month end responsibilities in relation to all Accounts Payable tasks.
- Setting up new suppliers, checking bank details and building relationships with key suppliers.
- Manage 'on hold’ invoices - follow up weekly with stakeholders.
- Communicate processing issues to prevent repeat problems.
- Supporting management with other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Good IT skills particularly MS Excel.
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an accounts payable role/department.
- Previous experience of managing a small team would be preferable.
- Experience of Sage (ideally Line 200).
- Strong levels of customer service, both internal and external.
- Confident, with excellent communication skills.
- A flexible approach to work particularly during busy period.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all dealings and correspondence.
- Good interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail and a proactive attitude.
- Quick learner.
- Team player.
- Accounts Payable
- Finance Team
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'