An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable to join a leading Financial Services firm in the heart of London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional and timely service in respect to all payments of invoices and expenses through the purchase ledger, bank reconciliations and sales invoice processing.
- Arrange for fortnightly and weekly BACS files to be submitted for payment
- Ensure all invoices are signed off at an appropriate authorisation level
- Produce monthly creditor's age analysis
- Produce monthly supplier reconciliation's for all suppliers
- Match approved purchase orders with Invoices
- Ensure all direct debit payments & cheques are posted to the appropriate cashbook and correct profit and loss accounts
- Deal with all invoice queries internal and external to the company
- Raise cheques where applicable
- Post monthly intercompany/branch journals
- Follow up discrepancies with relevant branch managers
- Produce monthly debtors age analysis within required deadline dates
- Ensure timely collection of money.
- Perform ad hoc duties within the finance department as and when required
- 1 year minimum experience background within an Accounts Payable position
- Part qualified AAT preferable
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping and basic principles of accounting
- Understanding of AP and AR systems and processing
- Enthusiastic and a strong team player
- Strong organisational and time keeping keeping skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job