Accounts Payable Team Leader, Telford, £30-35,000
Your new company
Hays are pleased to be working with a dynamic, ambitious business who have seen significant growth, to recruit an Accounts Payable Team Leader to join their team in Telford
Your new role
This is a new role and a superb opportunity with duties including:
- Playing a key role in transforming the current AP function, embedding new processes and controls fit for a large-scale organisation
- Ensure all AP related finance deliverables are completed as part of the month end process always meeting reporting deadlines
- High accuracy of data input
- Dynamic coding of costs and expenditure in accordance with the group-wide budget
- Managing a team of up to 6 people including setting objectives for both individuals and team targets
- Paying suppliers in accordance with their terms whilst keeping company cashflow in mind
- Reconciliation of payable accounts back to the statements
- Working with group legal team for the onboarding of new suppliers
- VAT compliance
- Reporting to both finance and non-finance members of the team
- Fraud risk mitigation
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have extensive Accounts Payable experience and either be, a Accounts Payable Senior who has deputised for the Manager, or currently a team leader/ supervisor with experience of managing a team where you may have set objectives, and managed performance.
Ideally you will have worked for a similarly large business and know best practice and have the gravitas to challenge the current processes. You will need to have strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and Vlookup's. You will also need to have excellent communication and presentation skills.
What you'll get in return
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic fast paced business at an excellent time in their continued growth and be able to really progress your career and skills. You will be working for a market leading business who can offer excellent benefits including 25 days holiday (and day off for your birthday)Pension, private healthcare, Life assurance, Holiday Purchase and day off for corporate social responsibility
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Accounts Payable Team Leader or Purchase Ledger Team Leader
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'