Accounts Payable Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experiences Accounts Payable Manager for our client based in Basildon.
You will be responsible for the Accounts Payable Management of the Procure-to-Pay process for all EMEA entities managed within the Shared Service Centre, as the lead for the Accounts Payable team based in UK. Maintaining and enhancing the financial controls needed to ensure accurate and timely liability reporting; providing support for decision-making and building relationships across the EMEA regions businesses; managing a complex procurement process over multiple ERP's. You will be working closely with each of the External Audit firms and Internal Audit & Compliance teams for the multiple entities and be expected to comfortably work with all levels of the business.
- Responsibility for managing the day to day duties of the accounts payable team, ensuring all invoices, credit cards and personal expenses are processed in a timely manner in multiple ERP systems.
- Providing mentoring, training and coaching to the Accounts Payable team, including regular performance reviews, establishing objectives, goals and personal development plans to drive engagement within the team
- Supporting Month end and Quarter end close, providing reconciliations for key control accounts
- Managing the day-to-day running of the purchase ledgers, ensuring all supplier invoices have been approved
- Leading on-going P2P process improvement initiatives and streamlining the operations of the Accounts Payable function. Review operations on an ongoing basis to ensure controls and records are adequate and appropriate, fully complying with both local GAAP and US requirements
- Leading the expansion of Accounts Payable services within group, providing business case reports, ensuring comprehensive knowledge transfer, robust resourcing to deliver consistent performance during transition period and improved KPIs as targeted
- Assisting with Internal and External Audit and SOX requirements, providing timely, accurate information when required
- Maintaining agreed KPI's to ensure control of all key targets and accurate daily management reporting.
- Dealing with all inter-company reconciliations queries and payments, ensuring accurate month end agreements and no reported variances.
- Planning of resources in a dynamic environment to ensure all deadlines are met.
Personal Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced Accounts Payable Manager with relevant accounting qualifications desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of managing and developing staff
- Strong technical knowledge of procurement principles and procedures
- Evidence of delivering strong results and process improvements in a fast moving environment
- Good analytical and organizational skills with clear personal development goals and career aspirations
- Experience in project management to centralise AP functions for multiple entities
- A team player, excellent at building relationships, doing what is right for the team and working effectively with all levels of the business
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement, enjoying learning and stretching oneself
- Exhibit a strong tenacity to meet expectations with the ability to manage various priorities
- Detail focused, but with the ability to visualize the bigger picture and strategic intent
- Holds themselves personally accountable for performance and meeting customer requirements
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk
- Accounts Payable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job