Our client, an executive hospitality business in Newbury, are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Executive to join the team. You will be responsible for planning, directing, co-ordinating, and ensuring that landlords and suppliers are managed and communicated with efficiently and effectively in relation to payments to them.
- Monitoring and managing the purchase order process.
- Receiving and logging of purchase invoices within relevant information and finance systems and allocation against associated purchase orders.
- Preparing and distributing periodic creditors analysis.
- Monitoring aged creditors on finance system and proactively liaise with suppliers regarding payment according to their payment terms.
- Ensuring supplier statements of account are reconciled on an agreed basis to maintain accurate supplier account records.
- Developing strong working relationships with the accounts receivable function within each of our suppliers.
- Timely intervention and reporting of problematic accounts to senior management to ensure swift resolution of outstanding issues.
- Pro-actively managing the relationship with landlords and letting agents, from a rental payment perspective, ensuring relevant emails are sent when required and within agreed timescales as per the landlord communication process.
- Daily monitoring and reconciliation of all funds paid out from company bank accounts.
- Managing, authorising and allocating petty cash funds.
- Reconciling month end petty cash receipts and remaining funds.
- Creditor reporting on overall and individual suppliers/landlords based upon agreed timescales and parameters to allow efficient actions to be taken.
- producing reports using relevant management information systems, both within agreed timescales and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Monitoring and reviewing the flow of information between the accounts payable and finance functions to other areas of the business, including external stakeholders where necessary
- Be available to assist Head of Finance in all areas of accounts payable and carry out ad-hoc duties as required by the business
- 3 years Accounts payable and financial reporting experience
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Sage financial systems preferred but not essential
- Commercially orientated
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide spectrum of clients, customers and guests
- Ability to explain financial information to non-financial employees
- Organised and methodical with ability to work to tight deadlines
This is a full-time position, on a long-term temporary contract.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 8:30pm - 5:30pm.
Please apply online to be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job