Our client, based in Luton, is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their business on a full-time basis.
This business has a proven track record of developing and promoting staff within. We are seeking an individual who has a strong desire to progress further within finance.
Your main responsibility will be to manage the Purchase ledger for three of the client's companies and correctly process supplier invoices to enable payment. You will need to make sure that the correct authorisation process is followed, and issues are resolved.
What your day-to-day activities will look like:
- You will ensure that all supplier invoices are processed promptly and accurately in accordance with the companies processes and policies
- You will assist all Operational managers to correctly raise POs and ensure compliance with PO process - POs to be accurately coded, raised/approved in advance of supply, and receipted promptly. Promptly resolve any delayed POs
- You will proactively liaise between suppliers and line management to resolve queries and disputes with the minimum delay to reduce the risk of service interruptions
- You will escalate any final demand notices within the organisation
- You will also need to periodically review Direct Debits and Standing orders to ensure payments finish at the same time as supply of goods or services
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a Purchase Ledger environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel
- Strong Administration Skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Interest in studying for AAT/CIMA/ACCA
For further information on the role, please email me on or call me on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job