The Accounts Payable team is a customer focused processing team tasked with ensuring all processing functions are carried out in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The section is responsible for the processing of all supplier invoices (paper and electronic), volunteer/staff expenses and petty cash claims.
We’re a charity but, make no mistake, we have our fingers firmly on the financial pulse. Because every penny of our profit goes back into our vital work, it’s crucial that we’re operating an excellent and efficient financial service in order to achieve our vision.What it's like to work here
Based in Trowbridge our Finance Service Centre process a wide range of financial transactions for the National Trust. It’s a hugely important and busy function that’s helps us deliver great service. This vital operation is key in supporting our core purpose, so it’s nice to be part of something so important and worthwhile.What you'll be doing
Accounts Payable staff must be able to work in all areas of processing to ensure that a smooth work flow is achieved and will be trained to use all processing systems in order to do so. Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Trust.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to the end of this advert.Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to have;
- A thorough understanding of the principal functions of an accounts payable department and an awareness of how the work impacts upon other departments.
- An NVQ or equivalent in accounting/business studies or relevant business experience.
- An awareness of customer requirements in relation to an accounts payable department desirable
- Excellent keyboard skills are essential, as is the ability to work accurately to strict timetables.
- Ability to use excel essential.
- Recent experience preferably in an accounts department.
- Previous experience of using computerised accounts packages, preferably in a high volume processing environment, would be advantageous.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job