Accounts Payable Clerk - Edinburgh
| Finance | Accounts | Accounts payable | Wind Power | Renewable Energy | Accountancy|
This job profile describes the general tasks, responsibilities and reporting obligations for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk.
The role shall be to perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions and expense management, to ensure that accounts are maintained and controlled in an effective and accurate manner by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling. Other duties include general support to the branch tax accountant in relation to taxation and commercial matters and to our other branches.
The role requires an organised, analytical, process driven, and proactive person, combined with a strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and ability to multi-task. Good Excel skills are essential, along with a thorough understanding of accounting principles, and the ability to work effectively across varied financial currencies. The person must have the communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and secure resources from colleagues in other departments. Experience working in a global environment with colleagues in other countries and from different cultures would be beneficial.
You must have minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role and a degree qualification in finance / accounting or of a similar discipline
Main Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Receipt of mail and preparation for scanning/updating statistics log
- Invoice scanning and verification (checking correct address/currency/bank details etc.)
- Forward invoices to the appropriate approvers, then process approved invoices in SAP
- Resolve any vendor queries/rejected invoices via email/telephone in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of vendor statements and clear direct debit payments
- Reconcile and process travel expenses for the businesses UK employees
- Completion of new vendor forms and liaise with Finance Team to update as required
- Administer Airplus Company Credit Cards (reconciling, ordering/cancelling cards, processing into SAP)
- Reconcile and deliver monthly cash-flow to Head Office, ensuring deadlines are met
- Fuel card reconciliations and invoicing
- Telephone/mobile reconciliations and invoicing.
- Process intercompany invoices in a timely manner
- Filing of documents and invoices
- Approve, download and process monthly Childcare Voucher Scheme invoice
- Liaise with Fleet team regarding monthly mileage details
- Process fixed asset invoices and assist with maintaining the fixed asset register
- Assist the Financial Accounting Team with budgets and quarterly/year end reporting
- Assist with the variance analysis
- Develop positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain knowledge in relation to finance law and policy updates
- Work with other international functions as required ensuring that standards of the business are met
- Respond to any reasonable request made from Management
The job description is intended only as a guide to the main responsibilities and duties of the post and is not intended to restrict the scope of the post holder to use initiative and develop the role. Responsibilities may be split where there is more than one person working in the same position. You may be required from time to time to perform other jobs deemed necessary to assist and fulfill the requirements of the business. You will also be involved in team work and cooperation with other departments in the UK and abroad.
- Accounts Payable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job