AECOM are one of the world’s leading consultancies. To be the best in the industry, we hire the best. Year after year our company is expanding in more ways than one, which means possibilities for you to thrive and grow.
At AECOM we want to support you and your career development with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge, and challenge you to reach your potential. We value your commitment to us and work hard to ensure you achieve your career goals. Opportunities aren’t limited to a wide spectrum of projects, and to travel in and out of the UK.
We are currently recruiting for Accounts Payable Clerks to join this fast paced and busy team - in our centrally located and multi-disciplinary finance team in St Albans.
Staff morale is important to us, so as well as providing you with the opportunity to work on some iconic projects and supporting your career, we also think that the day to day stuff is important too.
Our state of the art offices are open plan for that real team feel. They are filled with all the tools and equipment to assist you to do your job to the best of your ability. We have onsite free hot drink facilities on each floor as well as weekly fresh fruit boxes delivered to each floor. Each of our offices has a social team to encourage a good work /life balance with your co-workers.
Within the role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Disbursements - Manage effectively all aspects of outgoing cash for the European Geography.
- Weekly supplier and employee expense payment runs.
- One off payments and foreign payments from payment processing to reconciliation.
- Ledger Management - Daily control of supplier ledger accounts ensuring accuracy of balances through regular supplier statement reconciliations.
- Debit balance reviews and appropriate payment categorisation.
- Internal / External Vendor Relationship Management - Respond and manage day to day communication with internal and external vendors ensuring timely resolution to queries including management of the Markview Queues.
- Undertake scanning activities as part of continuity planning on an adhoc basis.
- Process Improvement - Initiate process improvement and quality reviews with a primary aim being improve cash flow and best practice.
- AP Queries -effectively mediate with Internal and External client vendors with regards to queries and extended payment term issues, including petty cash management and reconciliation.
- SOX - Ensure compliance with SOX Internal Controls regime including periodic self-testing.
- Establish Service Level Agreements with Internal clients and adherence to deadlines including KPI metrics reporting.
- Accounts Payable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job