An international company based in Newcastle City centre is currently looking for a Purchase ledger clerk to join their rapidly expanding team.
- Opening post, scanning and verifying invoices on to the purchase ledger systems in a timely manner.
- Batching and inputting invoices and credit notes on to the purchase ledger systems.
- Investigating rejected and un-matched invoices by liaising with suppliers, approvers and the purchasing department, and subsequently updating system notes to reflect actions taken.
- Assisting with the supplier statement reconciliations process and following up on queries until they are resolved.
- Escalating queries and issues arising to senior members of the Accounts Payable Team, where appropriate.
- Filing and archiving all manually entered invoices.
- Processing employee expenses by receiving and ensuring verification of expense forms so that they are ready for the next step.
- Processing petty cash requests.
- Strong Excel skills (v look ups/pivot tables) are essential
- At least 2 years' experience of working in a purchase ledger role
- You must have the ability to work and meet tight deadlines.
- You will be comfortable working well under pressure and have attention to detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job