Accounts Payable Clerk
Temperary (long term)
Based in Brighton
£18,000 - £22,000
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an amazing job opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join a well-known organisation in the Brighton area on a long term on-going temperary contract to start in February 2018
Reporting into the Finance Supervisor, your duties will include the following:
- Receive incoming supplier invoices and review and validate invoices to ensure that they contain the necessary information required to process them for payment
- Manage the supplier email in boxes ensuring the invoices are retrieved and printed in a timely manner
- Assess and return invoices to suppliers if the information contained in them does not meet payment criteria
- Prepare batches of invoices for payment
- To monitor and record all returned expenses and payment requests
- Process expense claims in order that they can be paid on the appropriate payment run.
- Answer telephone and email queries from Suppliers
- Provide feedback to the Management on the quality of expense claims received highlighting training needs in the completion and understanding from claimants
- Provide feedback on the volume of returned invoices, highlighting trends and identifying suppliers that may need additional contact in order to improve the payment process
- Scan, register and index invoices to match against the relevant purchase order ensuring correct VAT accounting, applying VAT as applicable on foreign supplier invoices in compliance with HMRC regulations
- To manage a large incoming post work load on a daily basis
- To validate bank account details for suppliers in accordance with the standing data policy
- To validate supplier statements and chase for copies of overdue invoices
The role requires someone with a friendly, confident personality who is flexible and able to work well independently and exercise his or her own judgement when required to. The position also involves a certain amount of routine work, so you must be able to complete this with accuracy and within specified deadlines, as well as providing a responsive service to queries as they arise.
For this position, you will need to have previous purchase ledger experience dealing with high volume processing and payments.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward! Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
- Accounts Payable
- Processing Invoices
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job