A luxury travel company based in Oxfordshire are seeking for an Accounts Payable Assistant who will primarily be involved with logging, investigation and settlement of supplier invoices working in the finance team. This includes processing and querying supplier invoices both with internal Country Specialists andexternal suppliers, before they are passed for payment.
There will also be an opportunity to get involved with other partsof the finance function, supporting and covering the team withother transaction processing work as necessary.
Additionally, support towards professional training will beconsidered following one year of service, dependent on performance and ability.
You will be responsible for:
- Logging and processing accounts payable invoices
- Liaising with country specialist teams where queries exist on invoices
- Communicating with suppliers where queries exist or refunds are required
- Supporting the team to ensure invoices are processed prior to the monthly preparation of management accounts
- Reconciling monthly statements for flight purchases
- Creating cheque entries through the accounts package
- Logging client payments
- Filing and any other ad hoc duties as required
We are looking for:
- QBE or AAT
- Previous experience of working within an accounts payable role would be advantageous but not essential
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Flexible team player and willing to take on additional tasks
- Able to work to tight deadlines & within a busy environment
- Desire to learn and develop skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Outlook
Strong numerical skills
Strong communication skills
- Accounts Payable
- Communication Skills
- Transaction Processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'