** Accounts Payable Assistant** **Newbury** **Temp to Perm**
Page Personnel Finance and Accountancy are recruiting for our client based in Newbury. My client is a SME with a friendly team looking for someone to join on a temporary basis. This role has high potential to got permanent for the right candidate.
The Accounts Payable Assistant responsibilites are :
- The timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, credit notes, payments and any other authorised transaction into the accounts payable ledger.
- The matching of supplier invoices with purchase orders.
- Resolving internal issues regarding supplier invoices such as coding, pricing, booking-in etc.
- The timely and accurate preparation of supplier payment requests, whether by bank transfer, BACS or other means, their presentation to management for payment authorisation and subsequent issue to the appropriate supplier.
- The matching of payments to invoices etc. within individual supplier ledgers.
- Periodic reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements - together with the processing of valid reconciling items - in order to ensure the accuracy of payables data.
- Resolving supplier queries as required.
- Ensuring that new and authorised supplier accounts are opened within the accounts payable ledger and that credit & payment terms therein reflect those agreed with the supplier.
- The timely and accurate filing of all processed transactions as described above.
- The preparation of period-end payables reports.
- Processing of employee expense reports when required.
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate for the Accounts Payable Assistant will have experience within a similar role, available at short notice and have a hard working attitude.
On offer to the candidate is a competitive hourly rate, great working environment and on-site parking.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'