A leading media agency are looking to hire a progressive Accounts Payable Assistant.
This leading media agency are at the forefront of their industry and have several offices around the company. Their London accountancy team are based in Farringdon, City of London.
As the Accounts Payable Assistant you will be responsible for the following:
- Accurately matching, batching and coding invoices & credit / purchasing card transactions
- Dealing with queries from suppliers and internal clients, including following up on late payments and outstanding invoices
- Perform BACS and Cheque payment runs for suppliers on a fortnightly basis, as well as some sporadic payment runs
- Enforcing the PO system, ensuring invoices have a PO number listed before proceeding to process
- As well as normal day to day matching of PO's to Invoices
- Assisting with processing employee expenses in accordance with set procedures
- Filing and retrieving all necessary documentation for the CFO
- Maintaining and updating the purchase ledger information
- Cash flow forecasting for month end
- Setting up new suppliers on the system (Sageline50) - checking necessary documentation
- Assisting with audit related queries in AP
- Once the successful applicant has fully grasped the main AP aspects of the role, there may be the opportunity to take on additional tasks, including assisting in month end tasks & being involved in the invoicing process.
To be considered for this Accounts Payable Assistant role you must have the following:
- Strong Accounts Payable experience
- Graduate level education
- Desire to work within the media industry
- Exposure to Sage Line 50 (highly desirable)
£24,000 - £26,000 + excellent benefits and the possible of study support in the future
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job