Our client is a leading Pensions company who pride themselves on being the fastest growing pensions company in the UK.
The Procurement and Finance Directorate is split into the following areas: Procurement and payables, Management and Financial Accounts.
The Commercial Procurement team are responsible for:
- Full Procurement and Contract Management
- Maintaining the purchase ledger, processing payments for £20m of budgeted expenditure
- Maintenance and improvement the Bravo contract management and WAP Purchase to Pay system
- Treasury management and payroll payments
The team comprises of the Head of Commercial Proceurement and 5 Assistants who are responsible for the efficient and accurate delivery of Purchase to Pay services to the organisation.
The team will:
- Ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations
- Ensure invoices received for payment are logged, approved and checked for accuracy and compliancy.
- Facilitate payment of invoices in a timely manner.
- Company Credit card analysis
- Ensure all documentation is made available to key personnel and audit when required.
Verify that invoices comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure invoices received are entered into the Sage payment system on the same day of receipt.
- Ensure correct and approved invoices have followed the 3 way match process.
- Manage the weekly BACS run and ad hoc Faster Payments, International Payments and Book Transfers as required.
- Respond to queries and requests from internal and external clients within 2 working days of receipt.
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform monthly supplier account reconciliation .
- Support the business relating to the Purchase to Pay process.
- Provide continuous improvement to procedures as suit the business requirement.
- Ensure all documentation is handled securely and confidentially.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Working knowledge in a Transactional Finance Team
- Strong sense of accountability
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skill
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & entering payment information
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to identify and implement good practice in the workplace
- Good working knowledge of audit requirements and specifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job