Accounts Payable Assistant - foreign entities and credit cards
Ability Matters Group is a market leader in the provision of healthcare services throughout the United Kingdom, Holland, France, Sweden and the Republic of Ireland with an annual group turnover of £44m. We specialise in the delivery of medical rehabilitation services and products which are supplied into both the NHS and private healthcare markets.
Due to the ever expanding nature of our business we have identified the need for an Accounts Payable Assistant to support the Accounts Payable function for our foreign entities located in Holland, France, Sweden and Republic of Ireland.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager the Accounts Payable Assistant position is outlined as follows:
Experience in a multi-currency Accounts Payable department would be an advantage but is not essential.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support to the integration of overseas entities’ AP functions into the Head Office in the UK, ensuring consistency of processes and controls
- Fast and accurate processing of invoices and credits
- Investigation of any purchase order issues
- Assisting in the preparation of payments
- Reconciling supplier statements ensuring all items have been reconciled and issues investigated
- Prompt and accurate filing of documents
- Work with colleagues throughout the business to ensure problems are understood and resolved
- Ad hoc projects as requested by Line Manager
- Occasional travel may be necessary but also not essential
- Processing company credit cards
The position requires candidates to possess:-
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work in an organised fashion
- Extremely high attention to detail
- An excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
- A knowledge of Dutch or French would be an advantage
- A knowledge of Navision
- A basic knowledge of VAT specifically related to employee expenses
In addition to undertaking the duties as outlined above, you may be required to undertake other duties that are commensurate with your role or as may reasonably be required of you.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline to the required duties and is not definitive or restrictive in any way and may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the incumbent.
- Data Entry
- Processing Invoices
- Highly Detailed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job