Daisy Group is one of the UK’s leading business communications and IT providers, with annual revenues of over £700m and ambitions to grow to £1 billion. The role is within the Group Shared Services Finance team based in Nelson, which includes Accounts Payable, Credit Control and other shared Finance.
The Accounts Payable department is responsible for processing 80,000 invoices per annum on a supplier base of 3,000 for the Daisy Group, managing query resolution and other duties as per the department’s objectives and KPI’s.
The role of the Accounts Payable Administrator is to ensure the accurate management of the ledgers and invoices are paid at the optimum time for Daisy, investigating queries with suppliers and internal colleagues. The Accounts Payable Administrator will follow a systematic process, ensuring all ledgers are up to date to achieve departmental and business objectives.
Location: Nelson office
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Manage Incoming post into the Department.
- Managing the Accounts Payable generic E-mail inboxes.
- Supplier Creation and amendments in the ERP systems as per company’s procedures.
- Timely processing of Supplier Invoices / Credits into the ERP systems, matching to approved purchase orders / obtaining authorisations for payment referring any queries back to suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Monitor all outstanding invoices against the ledger, investigating and resolving all queries in a timely manner prior to payment of the invoice according to payment terms.
- Prioritise payments in line with supplier agreements.
- Create, prepare and confirm multi-currency payments which include BACS / Chaps / Transfers and creating supplier payments from Daisy’s Bank accounts.
- Daily banking for Accounts Payable tasks, posting payments on a daily basis and allocating direct onto ERP systems.
- Investigate and resolve any Debit Balances.
- Reconciling Supplier Statements and completion of corrective actions as per departmental procedure.
- Maintain an orderly and productive working environment in line with housekeeping expectations within the department.
- Ensuring scanning, filing and archiving is maintained.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships / communicate in a professional and timely manner with suppliers in order to enhance working relationships whilst also ensuring Invoice queries are resolved and are paid at the optimum time for Daisy.
- Liaise / develop goods working relationships with all relevant internal departments enabling queries to be resolved quickly and accurately.
- Adhere to Month End Procedures and departmental KPI’s.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained for all transactions in order to support year-end audit and statutory returns.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced, high volume Accounts Payable Department
- Working knowledge of SAGE 200, SAGE 1000 and Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) desirable but not essential
- Analytical skills in order to investigate and resolve complex queries
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel
- Disciplined and able to work under high pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- A working style of being highly organised and focused with an ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise work / manage own time effectively
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team and able to function as an individual contributor
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Accounts Payable
- Purchase Orders
- Invoice Processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job