Our client, who is based in Farnborough, is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to work on a 9 month Maternity Leave Contract which starts on 30th April 2018.
It will be your responsibility to maintain and control Purchases and Expenses Ledger, paying UK suppliers, support in production of monthly/annual management accounts, processing prepayments and accruals and control of the fixed asset register.
• Maintenance of accurate Purchase Ledger for UK suppliers and expenses.
• Ensure that all invoices are parked before sending to Directors and Managers for authorisation, progress chasing and accounting for all invoices promptly.
• Ensure that all invoices, expenses and commitments are processed on to the Purchase Ledger for payment, and have been subject to the Company’s purchase authority procedures.
• Review of all outstanding balances on the Purchase Ledger, ensuring all approved invoices are processed and parked invoices are accrued for at the end of the month.
• Ensure all outstanding authorised liabilities are paid in a regular and timely manner.
• Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger balances to supplier statements.
• Processing of monthly prepayments journals and the reconciliation of the Balance Sheet prepayments control account.
• Control of the Fixed Asset Ledger, processing additions, disposals, running the monthly depreciation journals and reconciling to the General Ledger.
• Processing bank postings on a daily basis and bank reconciliation at end of the month.
• Ad hoc exercises - assist Finance Director and Management Accountants with any ad hoc work called for from time to time (provided that time allows).
Extensive experience of controlling Purchase / Expense Ledgers.
Must have a good knowledge of Excel.
Navision or SAP essential.
This would suit an Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Book-keeeper, Purchase Ledger Assistant, or Finance Assistant.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job