An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Manager to work for a top 100 firm based in Essex. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and carry out all aspects of accounts work by managing a team in respect of this.
In addition they will be required to attend networking events, be involved in pitching for new work and in assisting the Partners to grow the business.
- Planning jobs and contact clients to remind them when preparation work is due.
- Liaising/meeting with the client to consider both their needs and the key areas relating to the assignment.
- Liaising with the appropriate Tax Manager before the assignment commences to ensure that any tax related matters are known and advising him/her when the assignment will be ready for a tax review.
- Arranging for the appropriate staff to be available.
- Preparing the budget and agreeing it and the timing with the client
- Ensuring that recovery rates and budgets for jobs are adhered to by self and the team
- Managing the assignment as it proceeds, delegating and reviewing work of staff to ensure that standards are met.
- Providing timely feedback to partners on issues identified with clients
- Presenting to the Partner a complete file with minimal review points
- Put through final adjustments to the accounts where a more junior member of staff is not available and prepare final accounts to send to clients
- Carry out other tasks for clients, such as special assignments
- Identifying and follow up of possible opportunities for incremental fees across the business - both with existing clients and new clients
- Keep time sheets up to date.
- Keep themselves technically up to date and ensure Institute CPD requirements are met
- To research detailed technical matters and report thereon
- Liaise with Partners fellow senior managers/managers to discuss and agree resources for job assignments
- Managing the team from Seniors to Trainees
- Ensure pre-assignment briefing sessions held with team members
- Carry out on site reviews with subordinates during assignments and ongoing communication with team whilst out on site
- Manage team to ensure high quality work submitted at all times and ensure timely feedback given to team members
- Communicate with Partners and take necessary action if team members not performing to a consistently high level in line with their training and experience
- Ensure end of job assignments, probationary reviews and annual appraisals carried out on time
- Sign off daily timesheets for team members
- Provide support to Apprentices with portfolio aspects of their training
- Attend networking events and identify opportunities for business growth
- Carry out pitches to potential clients and follow up
- Assist in the running of the BSG team.
- Prospects for promotion are available for outstanding candidates
The Accounts Manager will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including experience of Management accounts. The job holder will also have good VAT knowledge, proven experience of managing a client portfolio and strong people management skills. Applicants must have a car for travel to client premises and have advanced IT skills including Caseware, Sage, Xero, CCH and Excel.
Rewards attached to this position are £60,000 plus excellent benefits. If this interests you, please apply today.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'