Reporting to the Head of Finance, the focus of the ACCOUNTS MANAGER is to manage all aspects of property and service charge accounting for our Client and its clients. Salary from £30,000- £35,000. The right candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of all aspects of property and service charge accounting. *Use of TRAMPS or/ Qube Essential.
In addition, they will be conscientious and hard-working, numerate, a self-starter with a good eye for detail. An excellent working knowledge of Qube is essential as all of assets are administered through the system and this feeds into our monthly client reporting format.
Our Client is bringing its outsourced property and service charge accounting in-house with a "go-live". Strong focus on streamlining the accounting and data management processes therefore the candidate will have a good knowledge of industry best practice and show a keen interest in helping to develop the systems and processes as the business grows and expands into new work streams.
The role shall include but is not limited to:
1. Qube Administration - Management of all aspects Qube software and ensuring the system is up to date and accurate.
- Administration of all Ownership, Property, Unit, Tenant, Charging and Calendar details on Qube in accordance with approved property and lease information.
- Issuing a quarterly/monthly pre-list of charges for approval to the Property or Asset Manager.
- Issuing all tenant demands for Rent, Service Charge and other sundry charges as and when instructed by the Asset or Property Manager.
- Be the point of contact for all Owner or tenant accounting queries relating to properties under management and resolve all items arising.
2. Purchase Ledger Accounting - Management and administration of all invoices payable relating to all properties under management.
- Collation and posting of invoices onto Qube, ensuring all coding is accurate.
- Administer the approval and sign-off process of invoices by the Property or Asset Manager.
- Preparing a weekly payment run of all authorised and approved invoices.
- Posting of the payment run onto Qube and allocation of payments to correct supplier accounts.
- Be the point of contact for all supplier Property or Asset Manager Queries and resolve all items arising.
3. Service Charge Accounting - Management and administration of all aspects of the Service Charge for all properties under management.
- Preparation of quarterly Service Charge statements detailing Expenditure to Budget Variance analysis.
- Preparation of final Service Charge statements for tenants and calculation of any balancing charges or Credits.
- Assist third-party auditors in the sign-off of annual expenditure schedules and deal with any queries that arise during that process.
- Assist Property or Asset managers in the preparation of Service Charge budgets ensuring all allocations are correct and any Service charge Caps are correctly administered on Qube (including RPI uplifts in the Caps).
- Preparation of Annual Service charge report to the tenants.
- Responding to tenant queries related to service charge expenditure and demands.
4. Sales Ledger/Credit Control - Management and administration of all invoices receivable relating to all properties under management.
- The correct posting and allocation of all Tenant receipts onto Qube.
- Preparation of weekly collection/debtors reports.
- Chasing of any outstanding or overdue tenant debt to ensure all amounts collected.
- Liaising with Asset and Property Managers to ensure any issues are dealt with or escalated.
5. Other General Property and Service Charge Management.
- Preparation of regular Payment to Owner schedules of all monies due to Owner collected by pur Client.
- Preparation of quarterly Property Owner VAT returns and a quarterly VAT "true-up" is undertaken on approval of the return.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts, including Service charge, Tenant Deposits and main segregated Owners Funds.
- Preparation of a Monthly Property Management for Owners detailing Tenant Demands made, collections in, Supplier Expenditure Out and relevant monies held on behalf of the Owner.
6. Other Ad-hoc Duties
- Dealing with all queries arising from the above.
- Assisting the Assistant Accountant with other matters outside of the Service Charge or property accounting as and when required.
Our Clients office is a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment focused on
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Property Accounts
- Service Charge Accounting
- TRAMPS Accounting Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'