Accounts Manager - Practice Background Essential
Your new role
- Check client's books coming in to checklist of information required that was sent out.
- Arrange for those records and other information to be sent to an accounts technician.
- Receive draft accounts and queries back from the technician, review, and discuss any queries or issues with the technician.
- Pass draft accounts and associated records to reviewer and deal with subsequent review points.
- Finalise the accounts and arrange for them to be sent out to the client.
- Ensure that the accounts system of processing 3 sets of accounts per week is followed as a workflow.
- Ensure that the target delivery time of accounts workflow is within the 21-day time limit.
- Send out information requests for accounts information monthly for the relevant year-end.
- For any bookkeeping jobs, book purchase invoices in through online OCR software. Enter or check sales invoices in the bookkeeping system. Reconcile bank and finalise bookkeeping by completing journals, depreciation, accruals and prepayment and producing management accounts.
- Deal with any client queries regarding accounts, bookkeeping or Xero.
- Training juniors on accounts and bookkeeping areas.
- Training clients on bookkeeping areas.
- Looking for and being aware of Extra Work opportunities.
- Complete wages and send to client
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in an accountancy practice office preferably a smaller one but one that is
- forward thinking and not too traditional.
- Should have controlled workflow and have been in charge of other team members.
- Should have dealt with clients and trained staff.
- AAT qualified ideally.
- Should have substantial experience with cloud accounting and in particular Xero and Receiptbank.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job