Part-time Mornings on a 2 Month Fixed Term Contract (September and October)
Salary: £8.65 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday (08:00 am to 12:00)
Our client is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. They offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on their sixteen acre site.
They are currently recruiting an Accounts Clerk. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and work as part of the Accounts team. This is a 2 month fixed term contract, providing part-time cover for the Accounts team during the mornings from 08:00 to 12:00, Monday to Friday.
In this role you will be responsible for tasks relating to the preparation and maintenance of financial records as well as office administration.
You will be expected to:
- Process all supplier invoices and credit notes
- Check invoices against delivery notes and purchase orders prior to authorisation and payment
- Posting invoices to correct code to assist in analysis of expense type (coding invoices)
- Obtain invoice authorisation
- Set-up and maintain supplier accounts
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences
- Deal with supplier account queries via telephone, email and fax and resolve queries promptly
- Resolve significant issues (e.g. final demand letters) promptly Ensure supplier accounts are reconciled on a regular basis with guidance from Finance Manager
- Send out remittance advices
- Be proactive in resolution of any queries arising on the accounts
- Support the Finance Manager in any other requests as and when required
- Build and maintain relationships with the business and key stakeholders
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
To be considered for their Accounts Clerk role, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Skills / Knowledge
- IT Literate – must have knowledge of MS Excel and Ms Outlook
- Knowledge of Accounting software will be beneficial
- GCSE Mathematics and English to C grade
- A-Levels or business related course
- Experience working in an office environment
Accounts Clerk Benefits:
- 20 days holiday
If you feel you have the skills for their Accounts Clerk role, please apply now.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"