Our client is a progressive top 25 accountancy firm based in London.
As an Accounts & Audit Senior, you will be working primarily as an accountant for the firm’s charity team, managing a wide range of not-for-profit organisations. These will include - but are not limited to - social, religious, welfare, international development and healthcare charities as well as educational organisations from independent schools and universities to government-funded schools and colleges. You will be expected to carry out all accounts and periodically audit work, in compliance with both the firm's procedures and statutory law.
- Providing general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts
- Preparing accounts, including consolidated accounts, from both manual and computerised accounting records
- Recommending improvements to the clients’ accounting systems and controls, assisting clients whenever needed
- Completing ad hoc advisory services to the firm’s not-for-profit sector clients
- Assisting partners and managers in the charity team to attract new business for the team. This includes; meeting prospective new clients; preparing budgets and proposals; creating marketing documents
- Liaising with staff and clients, aiming to further improve relations and promote the firm’s image and services positively at all times
- Preparing statutory accounts and delivering full audit completion
- Reviewing junior team members work
- ACA or ACCA qualified, only one referral or fail acceptable
- A Levels or equivalent Degree
- Must demonstrate a good foundation of audit experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook
- Competent letter writer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A personable and conscientious character with a professional attitude
- Good work ethic and a self-motivated multi-tasker
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Looking to expand audit skills and knowledge of more complex audit and accounting issues
- Seeking to progress to Supervisor level and beyond.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job