Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting for an Accounts/Audit Senior for arguably the UK's largest Music and Entertainment Accountancy Practice. Based in the heart of the West End in a fantastic modern office environment, the firm are seeking an outgoing/client facing accountant who is comfortable liaising with high profile names.
The firm have a sole focus on providing Accountancy services to household name artists, bands and entertainers. The firm have exceptionally strong reputation within the market and represent some of the UK's most recognised musicians.
Being a 12 Partner firm, there is great potential for career progression. It is expected that within 12-18months the role will grow into a Manager role. The firm has a fantastic reputation for paying above market rate with fantastic packages and their retention rate is phenomenal. You would also gain exposure to tour accounting and royalties accounting. Furthermore, as part of the entertainment banner, you would work with many well-known sporting names.
The client base not only consists of artists and bands but include the following; Songwriters & Composers, Labels, Producers, Event & Festival Organisers. The role will not also provide expert accountancy advice but will also provide advice on a complete range of areas from career management and planning through to royalty payments and accounts preparation.
The role will undertake the following duties:
- Working on a diverse portfolio of clients including LLPs, partnerships, sole traders and SME's.
- Acting as on-site Senior; planning, executing and completing Audit work to the required standard.
- Taking responsibility for each Audit assignment, completing within agreed timescale with the support of the Manager/Partner.
- Preparing accounts from client records.
- Preparing management accounts on occasion.
- Preparing draft tax computations.
- Working regularly with junior members of staff including training, delegating and reviewing work.
- Providing unique advice on not accountancy matters including career management and royalty payments.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and technical experience:
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Experience of working within an Accountancy Practice
- An interest in the music/entertainment industry
- Experience of undertaking audit assignments
If you require further information on the above role, please do not hesitate to contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes.
- West End
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job