Change Public Practice are delighted to be working with an independent firm of Chartered Accountants in the recruitment of an Accounts & Audit Assistant to join their team based in Edinburgh City Centre. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a well-established team to service a varied client portfolio. Due to the size of the business, you will gain great exposure not only in accounts preparation and assisting on client engagements but also to get involved in other general practice responsibilities.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Audit and Accounts professional with a background in Practice, and who has previous experience working with sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and charities. Part-Qualified ACCA/ICAS professional qualification would be advantageous, however QBE candidates will also be considered.
Candidates who have a strong accounts preparation background may also be considered if they are confident communicators who are keen to participate in client engagements.
Key responsibilities include:
· Preparation of statutory annual accounts for partnerships, LLPs, smaller businesses and charities
· Involvement in all stages of audit including planning, fieldwork and completion
· Drafting business and personal tax returns for tax department
· VAT return preparation
· Assisting with bookkeeping and payroll services on an adhoc basis
To be considered for this role:
· ACCA/ICAS Part-Qualified or Qualified by Experience
· Have strong experience in the preparation of annual accounts for sole trader, partnerships and limited companies
· Previous experience of Audit planning and fieldwork is key
· You will be a confident individual from a client facing background
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Practice, please contact Johanne Smith.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job