Location: Gospel Oak, London
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
30 hours per week, with the possibility of progressing to Full-Time
Do you have some accounts assistant experience and want the opportunity to learn more?
Are you self-motivated to get the job done?
Have you got a good eye for detail and a desire to get things right first time?
One of the UK’s most successful and independent luxury fashion brands with global recognition, Jenny Packham, has become the design house of choice when it comes to social dressing. The eponymous label comprises ready-to-wear and bridalcollections, with a 30 year track record of success. The brand is well known for a strong aesthetic and operates in a demanding marketplace and red carpets the world over are graced with Packham’s designs worn by the most iconic, talented and influential women of our generation
An opportunity has arisen for an individual with existing accounts experience to join our small but friendly finance team. This varied role is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in all aspects of accounts to allow you to grow your knowledge and develop your accounting experience.
The ideal candidate will possess some accounts experience coupled with excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to work with little supervision. You will need to be self-motivated, taking responsibility for quality and accuracy to ensure the timely delivery of your work.
You will be responsible for providing a professional and efficient service ensuring the delivery of accurate financial information at all times.
- Maintain and manage company’s petty cash and credit card expenses and ensure accurate recording of all expenditure.
- Process purchase invoices – coding and posting.
- Pass and monitor invoices for authorisation, making sure they are correctly authorised within a reasonable timeframe.
- Review and process staff expense payments, ensuring that all requests adhere to the company procedures
- Maintain a record of all outstanding unauthorised invoices
- Set up payments via HSBCnet.
- Arrange factory payments via company funds or Import loan.
- Post and allocate payments in the accounting system
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and ensuring suppliers’ queries are dealt with on a timely manner.
- Reconcile supplier statements and raise queries.
- Scan invoices
- Record shop receipts and raise retail sales invoices
- Reconcile shop takings.
- Post prepayments transactions.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly VAT and management accounts report.
- Be the point of contact for colleague queries
- Producing regular and ad hoc reports to deadlines as required
- Bank reconciliation (EUR and USD accounts).
- Any other duties ad-hoc duties as required
- Accounts experience (ideally 1 year)
- Good understanding of debits and credits
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A formal accountancy qualification such as AAT is desirable along with bookkeeping experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail, working quickly but accurately
- Solid team working skills
- Self-motivated with a flexible and proactive nature
- Good problem solving skills – solutions focused
- Technically savvy, particularly with Microsoft Excel and systems/databases
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge and experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'