An Accounts Assistant is required to join a busy and growing SME engineering business based in Newbury. If you have experience in a well-rounded finance role, excellent Excel skills and exceptional attention to detail then please apply to find out more.
This is a critical role within the finance team of six which will suit a candidate used to working with a high degree of accuracy and who has the ability to pro-actively resolve issues quickly and efficiently using their own initiative wherever possible.
In this Accounts Assistant role you will provide support and cover across the Finance team for Payroll, Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Management Accounting.
Initially there will be a greater focus on payroll and billing duties but you will be critical in supporting the business through their projects to automate these processes and systems as much as possible. Key duties will include:
- Production and issue of quotes, invoices and credit notes
- Updating billing information on the Exchequer system - invoices / credit notes / payments
- Chasing outstanding debt / assisting the Accounts Supervisor
- Liaising with the business and clients to resolve queries relating to quotes / price build ups / billing
- Updating of Excel and CSV files on a weekly basis into the Digital timesheet portal
- Extraction and completion of timesheet information from Digital into Excel for payroll processing purposes
- Production of weekly PAYE & C.I.S. payroll and processing of expenses claims using Excel in line with HMRC's guidelines pension regulations and CIS framework agreement
- Complete manual calculations, where required, e.g. holiday pay using Excel
- Calculating, validating and ensuring completeness and accuracy of weekly payroll
- Production and upload of payroll data for weekly payment runs into IRIS
- Responsible for ensuring that payroll data is received, authorised and processed within deadlines specified
- Resolve payroll queries
- Ad hoc report generating as and when required for business / accounting purposes
The successful Accounts Assistant will be an experienced transactional finance professional who can demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in previous roles. Experience of payroll and sales invoicing is beneficial but ultimately our client is looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude and excellent Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot table, IF functions etc).AAT qualifications or early stage CIMA/ACCA would also be beneficial in this role.
Our client is a growing UK based engineering firm who are steadily growing and have proven resilient through the recent Covid-19 period. They are based in brand new offices in Newbury and have a dynamic finance leadership team who want to develop their staff.. You will be part of a compact finance team of six people so being a team player is essential. There is ample parking available and the office is also linked by public transport.
Salary & Benefits
This Accounts Assistant role is offering £28,00-£35,000 per annum depending on experience. Study support is available and the client also offers a competitive holiday allowance and pension.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: -notice.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'