An Accounts Assistant is required on a temporary to permanent basis to join a large organisation based in Southampton, Hampshire. The successful Accounts Assistant will be offered flexible working hours, a varied role within a large finance team and a chance to further develop their skills. In this fast-paced role, the successful Accounts Assistant will be supporting the wider finance team, the Finance Manager as well as, maintaining the office to keep it running smoothly. In order to be considered, you must have strong communication skills and be immediately available.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting bank reconciliations to multiple accounts
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
- Processing invoices and BACS payments
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Track and resolve accounting queries as and when required
- Ad hoc duties as directed by the Finance Manager
What you'll need to succeed:
- Qualified / Degree in or studying towards AAT / Accountancy & Finance Degree / Qualification
- Worked in the following roles: Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant / Purchase Clerk / Sales Ledger Clerk or General Ledger Clerk
What you will get:
- Flexible working hours
- On-site free parking
- Study support towards AAT
The Niche Partnership is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. Tnp complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Tnp may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Tnp providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. We reply to all applicants whether you are successful or not.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'