12 month Fixed-Term contract
Monday to Thursday 8am-4:30pm / Friday 8am-1pm
Our client is a large, well-respected and growing Engineering business. They are looking for a motivated Accounts Assistant to join their team on an initial 12 month Fixed-term contract. The client will consider candidates that have either an AAT qualification, or strong experience working as an Accounts/Finance Assistant.
- Accounts Receivable & Credit Control
- Customer query resolution, overdue debt chasing, cash receipts and posting to ledger, collections forecasting, daily bank statements, raising of credit notes and manual invoices
- Review & analysis of costs, extraction of VAT, reconciliation and GL Coding)/petty cash analysis & control / EC sales lists & intrastat returns / quarterly VAT reconciliation and Returns HMRC VAT Statement Reconciliation /Import Documents VAT
- Nominal ledger account reconciliations/bank account reconciliation
- Raising bank payments on automated ERP System/ general ledger journal entry / support on physical inventory counts data entry and reconciliation/ support on transaction posting and reconciliation on inventory cycle counts plus Adhoc support as required
- Ensure corporate timelines are achieved at month end, year end and during budget preparation (Cash Books/ Petty Cash, VAT, General Ledger Journals/LVP & Credit card Reconciliation/ Sales Ledger Closure)
- Ensure regulatory and statutory declarations are accurate and submitted to required timescales VAT Return/ EC Intrastats/ Import Export Documents
- Ensure bank accounts are reconciled and cleared down to corporate accounts via cash pooling on a daily basis
- Ensure the dept and business are compliant regarding company and corporate policies and procedures & authorisation Levels
- Ensure cash collections are maximised, overdue debt reduced and queries anticipated and resolved in a timely manner
- AAT qualification OR experience working as an Accounts/Finance Assistant
- Understanding of Double Entry Bookkeeping & Manual Ledgers
- High level of Numeracy - Attention to Detail
- Experience working within the engineering/manufacturing industry
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'