We have a requirement for an accounts assistant to join a rapidly growing company in the construction industry, as it looks to take the business to the next level. The Company would benefit from strengthening the finance team and is seeking to recruit a full-time accounts assistant in a varied role. The role will be responsible for the maintenance of the accounting function and production of regular management accounts together with other administrative duties. This is an ideal opportunity to join a young , rapidly growing company and work with experienced professionals in the industry.
- Accurate and timely postings into Sage accounting software.
- Maintenance of the accounting software, updates and back-ups, and chart of accounts.
- Purchase ledger , with payment runs twice a month
- Sales Ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet and control accounts reconciliations
- Posting journals
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns and payments to HMRC.
- Preparation of weekly payroll, payment runs and reporting and payments to HMRC.
- Monthly production of management accounts
- General office duties, such as purchasing stationery supplies and equipment
- Ad hoc requirements arising from time to time.
- Part/qualified bookkeeper/accountant is preferred IAB, AAT, CIMA, ACCA etc
- Accurate and reliable posting of source data and routine journals.
- Accurate management of control accounts, and accruals and prepayments, together with additional journals such as payroll, WIP, depreciation, tax provisions etc.
- Able to carry out routine reconciliations of cash book, creditors and debtors ledger.
- Able to prepare and file VAT returns.
- Accurate preparation and execution of payroll.
- Accurate preparation and execution of payment runs.
- Flexible approach to ad hoc work.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Management Accounts
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'