Accounts Assistant - Part Time (16 hours worked in 2-3 days per week) Temporary
Our client, a local charity, are looking for an Accounts Assistant for a 10-12 week temporary assignment, with the potential for this to become a permanent position.
The main purpose of the role:-
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will take responsibility for the accurate processing of day-to-day transactions onto Sage 50c ledger to ensure that:
- Suppliers are paid on time;
- Petty cash requirements are met, and transactions processed accurately
- Petty Cash is reconciled monthly
- Support the Finance & Operations Officer in day-to-day processing and implementation of accounting and administrative procedures
The successful applicant will be:-
- Competent in processing financial data– applications will be particularly welcome from those who have volunteered or worked in a charity finance department
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Helpful, collaborative and patient – you thrive working consistently at a steady pace whilst following established guidelines, with a high attention to detail
- A co-operative working style – you work well in a small team
- A good knowledge of charity reporting requirements
- Experience of using Sage is an advantage
- Ideally working towards a bookkeeping or Accounting Technician qualification
- Sympathetic to the charity’s objectives
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
Rate of pay £12.91 per hour
Start date early January 2020
- Purchase Ledger
- Sage 50
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'