Excellent opportunity to join this lovely Building Services Company, working as an Accounts Assistant and Purchase Ledger person. You’ll will work alongside the Accounts Manager, and provide varied & proactive support, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
This is a lovely environment to work in - you need to be professional & experienced in general accounts.
• Checking invoices to delivery notes and purchase orders
• Some sales ledger
• Purchase ledger (up to 50% of the role)
• Ensuring all invoices are authorised by relevant departments, taking ownership of, and resolving any queries
• Entering supplier invoices on to accounts software package (Exchequer)
• Reconciling supplier’s statements
• Producing month end report highlighting suppliers for payment
• Entering payments on to accounting software
• Inputting / submitting online payments
• Ensuring value for money while meeting environmental and quality requirements
• Credit Control - Reviewing creditors - chasing payments and generating monthly statements
• Setting up new subcontractor accounts and with HMRC
• Processing fortnightly subcontractor claims for payments, ensuring correct tax treatment is applied and relevant retentions are deducted
• Processing employee’s expense claims
• Processing credit card statements
• Processing employee’s timesheets
• Maintain accurate and efficient purchase ledgers and updating the software system
• Manage credit risk via strategy and ongoing credit control (efficient cash collection)
• Manage petty cash
• Assisting in stock control valuation
• Assisting in monthly ledger, cash and bank reconciliations
Working alongside the Accounts Manager and key operational personnel in the business, you will also be dealing with customers, suppliers and providers of other financial and professional services. You will be a strong communicator (both verbally and in writing) working to a high level of accuracy with a keen eye for detail. To assist the Accounts Manager by taking ownership of specific accounting tasks and administration. To represent the company with external financial stakeholders. To ensure internal accounting is up to date and accurate. To provide timely reporting of financial information. As a member of the finance team, you will play a key role in helping the company deliver its overall strategic plan and financial goals.
EMAIL NOW - urgent role!
PS Recruits are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the volume of response, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By applying to this role your personal details will be submitted to PS Recruits. You can request our privacy statement at any time.
Key words: accounts assistant / purchase ledger / Wymondham / finance / accounts clerk / credit control / invoice clerk / reconciliations / accounting
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'