Are you amazing at accounts? Do you enjoy delivering outstanding customer service?
If you have AAT level 2 or equivalent, unwavering attention to detail and excellent time management skills then this is the role for you.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper to join our small but growing family run accountancy practice based in the Lanes, Brighton. The role is primarily to cover maternity leave but will most likely develop into a permanent role in 2020.
Upon successfully joining our team your role will be to maintain a small portfolio of clients' bookkeeping on a regular basis, as well as any ad-hoc accounts and bookkeeping work that may be required. We strive for real time bookkeeping ensuring that our clients' accounts are kept current. This is an important part of our service as it enables us to deliver advice ensuring the client makes good business decisions.
Accounts production and management accounting could also form part of your job role, if there is a desire to develop core accountancy skills.
As an Accounts Assistant/ Bookkeeper, your tasks will include but not are limited to:
- Processing incoming client's paperwork on Receipt Bank daily, weekly or monthly as applicable.
- Processing client's paperwork received as hard copy as applicable.
- Reconciling clients' bank statements on Xero with invoices supplied.
- Communicating to clients where there are gaps in paperwork provided and requesting copies.
- Reviewing aged payables and receivables for your portfolio of clients and communicating any queries.
- Reconciling client's supplier statements.
- Entering payroll journals and reconciling wages and tax control accounts.
- Running quarterly VAT returns where applicable and submitting to client for approval raising any queries.
- Support Senior Accountant and manager on various ad-hoc accounting tasks that are required.
Keywords: Accounts Assistant | Bookkeeper | Bookkeeping | Accounting | Accounts | Accountancy
28 days holiday per calendar year. Flexible working hours.
An understanding of computerised accounting is essential. Regular communication with clients will be required via email, telephone and in some case in person in order to raise queries and to sustain good working relationships.
- AAT Level 2 or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Strong team working, problem solving, and communication skills required.
- Good Math's, English and IT skills required.
- Good skills with Microsoft 365 packages, including Word and Excel essential.
- Good time management is essential.
- Professional but personable telephone manner and email communication skills essential.
- Flexible and diligent approach when dealing with clients, understanding each client is different and being able to adapt to how they like to work.
- Experience of Xero accounting software and or Xero Advisor certification desired but training will be given if the system is new to the applicant.
- Experience of Receipt Bank data processing software
- Experience of Digita Accountancy Software
- Experience of IRIS Payroll Professional
- Previous experience in an accounting role either in practice or commercially.
Based in Brighton, Partners in Enterprise Limited is a modern accountancy company. We are a family-run business with a small but growing team. Working closely with clients throughout south east England as well as across the UK and overseas, our team provide a wide range of financial management services to help ensure our clients' books are in order.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'