Our client is a well-established research organisation based in Stockport, they are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their team due to promotion.
The successful Accounts Assistant will report to the Financial Consultant. The role covers a range of accounts skills but working predominantly working on purchase ledger. This is a good opportunity for someone with a purchase ledger background to develop their skills and experience in other areas and get involved in ad hoc assignments.
- Processing purchase invoices through to authorisation for payments
- Coding invoices to nominal ledger and projects as appropriate
- Investigating and correcting any invoice discrepancies
- Reconciling supplier statements and resolving any differences
- Preparing lists of invoices for payments
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid promptly
- Maintaining the cash books and preparing bank reconciliation
- Posting sales ledger cash and allocating cash to sales invoices
- Extensive purchase ledger experience is essential as well as literate use of Microsoft Office and good knowledge of Excel
- You will be able to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- You will be able to build strong working relationships and be comfortable communicating with employees and external stakeholders and suppliers
- You will have excellent problem solving and organisation skills, and work methodically whilst paying attention to detail
Further desirable skills include:
- Knowledge and use of Sage 200 modules including Project Accounting
- Understanding of basic account principles and basic principles of VAT
- Experience of working with an SME business
- Familiarity with ISO standards
What is on offer?
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary of £24,000-£25,000 per annum and a generous pension scheme. Working hours are 9am-5pm, with 26 days holiday + stats, rising to 30 days.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'