£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
The company systems are based on a local area network utilising Microsoft Office including Excel and Word with the accounts being handled by Sage Line 50 which link with the specialised weighbridge system. A hand-recognition clocking-in system is also linked to the network.
The offices are compact, with a total of ten people, of which two are accounts orientated, including the owner.
The new person, who will report to the Accounts Manager and closely with the Systems Manager, will be required to assist in most areas of accounting, potentially including:
- Sales ledger and credit control;
- Purchase ledger, including both invoice authentication and entry, and payment processing using an online bacs system;
- Petty cash reconciliation;
- Payroll data preparation, utilising the computer-controlled hand recognition system, and submission to our payroll bureau;
- Some non-accounting admin tasks, some of which will utilise Excel spreadsheets.
We are looking for a responsible, adaptable, outgoing team player who is a good mixer with a sense of humour, able to work in a confined environment.
Experience in all of the areas listed above is not essential as training will be given when required, but an enthusiasm to learn and adapt to new techniques is essential.
Hours are 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday with thirty minutes for lunch, [which is to be taken in a mutually agreed rota].
Rate to be agreed in consultation with our recruitment consultants.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'