Leeds (6 month fixed term contract)
Basic salary up to £20,000 + Benefits
My client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their vibrant office in Leeds.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant
- Compliance with our Business Conduct Guidelines and other Group Policies
- Inputting Cash Paid from the bank statement onto spreadsheet and reconciling / balancing monthly.
- Producing off-line invoices/credits.
- Arranging repayment of bonds held for multi sites via Cheque/Bacs.
- Raising cheques as and when required.
- Setting up BACS templates, arranging BACS/CHAPS payments as required.
- Monitoring Debt lists to ensure that the Accounts Department are up to date with chasing outstanding debts.
- Involvement with Direct Debit returns and processing credit/debit card payments.
- Daily reconciliation of Direct Debit returns amount on sales ledger.
- Holiday cover - accounts receivable all aspects
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Education & Experience preferred for the Accounts Assistant role
- Good standard of education preferably with a 'C’ or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience working in an office environment essential, preferably within a Credit/Accounts department along with a proven track record of successful staff management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages - Word, Outlook and Excel.
Key Competencies for the Accounts Assitant
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good numeracy skills.
- Good communicator with professional and confident telephone manner.
- Methodical with ability to organise and prioritize.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
To apply for the Accounts Assistant role please attach a copy of your most recent CV
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'