Job - Accounts Assistant
Hours - 40 hour week
Salary - £20,000 per annum
What does the job entail?
- Maintenance of Sage cashbook including invoices out and in, asset register and monthly expense and charge cards.
- Administration of bank accounts to include bacs payments using on-line banking systems, payment of cheques received in the bank.
- Daily liaison with clients to facilitate accurate financial records and foster good business relationships.
- Monthly reporting to management against budgets on income and expenditure.
- Regular use and maintenance of internal systems including purchase order log, project management systems etc.
- Attendance at internal meetings to communicate financial matters.
- Liaison with external contractor to ensure that financials are reconciled against bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Support to the Finance and HR Manager on payroll function.
- Management of debt lists including collection of amounts owed/liaison with debtors.
- Joint working with BID Managers on financial matters in relation to radio system.
- Occasional external meetings as necessary for the smooth running of cashbook maintenance.
- Some general administration and support to the Directors to ensure the smooth running of the office and systems.
What are we looking for?
- Proficient in the use of Sage Accounting system.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good Office skills including email and Word.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to multitask and priorities' own workload.
- Good communications skills at all levels.
- Experience of bacs payments
- Reporting budgets and expenditure
- Strong customer service and relationship building
- Confident personality
- AAT qualified. (desirable)
- Ability to use Sage Payroll system. (desirable)
- Education to A level (or equivalent) standard, particularly in Maths and English. (desirable)
Personality - This is key!!
- Confident to talk on the phone and chase debt
- Team player! Someone who will do their own work and offer to help others
- Hard working, committed and able to join the team feel
- 'All rounder' type of personality
Benefits to you and details
- Up to £20,000 per year
- Monday to Friday 9-6
- Sick pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- CAREER PROGRESSION! Interviewee gone from apprentice to manager in 4 years. Another member from Admin to Director in 10 years.
- Monday morning company 'hook up' motivational meeting
- Be part of a team that are a work family
- Christmas party
- Death in service 4x basic salary
- Pension at 8% employer, 5% employee after probation
- Cycle to work scheme
- 'lifestyle package' which entitles you to discounts in shops, restaurants and holidays
You have been sent 3 tests, Will do, Will fit and Excel. All can be done online within minutes on your phone or laptop.
Interviews are on Wednesday 12th June - Please be able to attend if you apply
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Accounts Administrator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'