Responsible for keeping accurate financial records for all transactions (across primary and 3 further connected companies).
- Handling all day to day financial transactions across sales, purchase and nominal ledgers, including receipts, payments, invoices/credits, journals etc.
- Coding of transactions to relevant accounts, departments and projects
- Daily processing of multiple bank and card accounts, including foreign currency
- Reconciling bank, card, intercompany and other balance sheet accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, as specified
- Operating monthly payroll, including overtime and bonuses
- Processing outbound payments to suppliers and employees
- Go to person for general financial queries, internally and externally
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, merchant acquirers, banking and other contacts
- Primary contact for external accountants/auditors
- Preparation of monthly adjustments, including accruals and prepayments
- Maintaining fixed asset register, calculating and posting depreciation
- Preparing accounts to trial balance stage on a monthly basis to strict deadlines
- Producing other schedules, statements and reports as requested
- Managing & filing relevant documentation
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as required
- AAT or similarly qualified
- Strong bookkeeping skills, with demonstrable previous experience in a similar role
- Organised and efficient
- Confident and able to operate with limited supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communicator, able to build and maintain relationships both internally and with external partners
- Highly computer literate, with excellent working knowledge of, Microsoft Office, electronic accounting and payroll packages (Sage Line 50 Accounts and Payroll preferable)
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and to deadlines, using a logical and methodical approach
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'